Choosing the right Real Estate Agent for you can make a world of difference, not to mention making the best deal for you! Here are the questions you should ask any agent you are considering working with to buy a home.
- How long have you worked as Real Estate Agent? Is this your full time profession?
- (Experience doesn’t always translate into excellence, or vice versa, but it can be one indicator)
- How many buyers did your company work with within the last year?
- (You want to make sure they are well versed in the current market and have a solid profession network)
- What industry certifications do you have?
- On average, what is the difference between your initial offers and the final sales price?
- (This will give you some insight into their negotiation skills, as well as how accurate they are when it comes to assessing list prices)
- Will you represent me exclusively, or could you choose to also represent the seller?
- (Legally, agents are able to represent both the seller and the buyer in any transaction, but they should be able to explain their philosophy on this, and also their views on client obligations)
- Are you able to give me recommendations for mortgage brokers, contractors, and other service providers to help me in the process of buying a house?