Choosing the right Real Estate Agent for you can make a world of difference, not to mention making you more money on your sale! Here are the questions you should ask any agent you are considering working with to sell your home.
- (Experience doesn’t always translate into excellence, or vice versa, but it can be one indicator)
- How many homes did your company sell within the last year?
- What industry certifications do you have?
- On average, how long does it take you to sell a home?(Your potential agent should be able to give you figures on their past performance, as well as how this compares to other agents)
- On average, what is the difference between the initial list price and the final sale price of the properties you sell?(This will give you some insight into their negotiation skills, as well as how accurate they are when it comes to assessing list prices)
- How will you market and sell my home?(The agent should be able to outline their specific plan for selling your house, including innovative and original approaches to marketing the property)
- Will you represent me exclusively, or could you choose to also represent the buyer?(Legally, agents are able to represent both the seller and the buyer in any transaction, but they should be able to explain their philosophy on this, and also their views on client obligations)
- Are you able to give me recommendations for mortgage brokers, contractors, and other service providers to help me in the process of selling my house?(A good agent will be able to make these kinds of recommendations, for multiple service providers and will tell you if they have a particular relationship with any of them)
- How will you communicate with me during the process of selling my house?(Preferably the agent will ask you how you wish to be communicated with, and how often, and be responsive to your needs and wishes)Are you able to give me contact information of three recent clients who can give me a recommendation about you?