Having a professional building inspection conducted before you finalise purchase on a property can save you a lot of time and money later! Here are some questions to ask any potential building inspector:
- How long have you been working as a building inspector? How many inspections have you conducted?
- Do you specialise in residential inspections or do you conduct inspections on all types of properties?
- What industry accreditations do you have?
- How do you keep your skills up to date?
- How long will the inspection take?
- Can I be present during the inspection?
- After the inspection, how long will it take to receive the final report?
- How much will the inspection and report cost?
- Will your report meet all Government regulations and requirements?
- Can you also carry out any necessary repairs and maintenance?