Taking care of this to do list before you put your house on the market will make the process of selling your home quicker in the long run, and will probably gain you money overall!
- Hire a registered building inspector to go over your property with a fine-toothed comb and identify any problems that you can repair before you open your house to potential buyers.
- If there are any repairs or upgrades which you don’t plan on doing yourself before selling your house, but buyers may wish to, have quotes for the cost of these ready.
- Run a critical eye over the outside of your house and think about if there is anything you can do to boost the street appeal for potential buyers.
- Make sure your house is sparklingly clean, including carpets, walls, windows, skirting boards and light fixtures.
- Make sure you have all the warranty information and user manuals for electronics and other items in the house, so that they are ready to hand over with the sale.