Find a real estate agent you can trust. It makes all the difference to have a professional real estate agent walk through the process with you step by step.
- Thoroughly investigate mortgage options, find the best one before and get pre-approved for a loan.
- Make a realistic estimate of the sale price you can afford, factoring not only the deposit and mortgage repayments, but also repairs and maintenance costs.
- Investigate different suburbs and areas and work out where to focus your house-hunting. Think about factors such as access to services and amenities, schools, transport and security, as well as potential value appreciation.
- Make a wish list of the features and qualities you want your new home to have. Prioritize these into most important and least important.
- Make a wish list of the features and qualities you want your new home to have. Prioritise these into most important and least important.
- Be prepared and ready to make an offer when you find the right property. Good homes can sell quickly, so make sure you have all your ducks in a row!
- When making an offer, make it the best offer you can, as you will likely be competing with other offers.