When the housing market is tight, you may be competing with many others in your search for a dream home. Here are some tips for being competitive and increasing your chance of success!
- Be in constant contact with your real estate agent to learn about new properties as soon as they are available
- Keep an eye on property listings such as realestate.com.au
- Make sure you are pre-approved for a mortgage: having this ready will make your offer more attractive to the seller
- Put in competitive offers: don’t price yourself out of the market!
- Limit the number of conditions you put on your bid: again, this will make your offer more attractive to the seller.
- Be prepared to move immediately if you find some where you like: if you hesitate, you may miss out.
- However, don’t feel rushed or pressured to buy a home you don’t love, or without taking necessary precautions like having a professional building inspection conducted.