As the proud new owner of your house, you should receive a number of items from the previous owners.
Make sure the following is handed to you on settlement day:
- House keys and all spare keys
- Owner’s manuals and warranties for any appliances or equipment that is being left in the house, such as air conditioning systems and dishwashers
- Remote control for any electric garage doors or similar
- Keys for windows, interior doors and built in cupboards
- Code for security systems, along with instructions and warranty information
- Contact info for the strata body corporate (if applicable)